Club Update #2009, Aug 2020
Illawarra Archers: Circular to Members
August 25, 2020
Club Officer Vacancies
Several more are now filled. Thanks to:
- Recorder: Colin Hobbs
- Coaching Coordinator: John Kennedy
We still need a Secretary!! Please keep discussing and "dobbing-in" !!
Next Club Member's General Meeting
Saturday 10th October, starting at 10am. Please add this to your Club Calendars.
Archery NSW Postal Shoots Update
- This Saturday (29th), the Club Shoot will be 90 arrows, starting at 60, 50, & 40 metres (Canberra /Jr. /& /Sht.).
- Members in appropriate categories can also use this shoot for the ANSW Unsighted & Junior POSTAL CHALLENGE.
- On Sunday 30th, members can enter the 2020 ANSW (Postal) Metropolitan Championships.
- This event is a “Sydney 1200” (70, 60, 50, &40 metres)
- It is an OPEN event
- There are NO AGE DIVISIONS.
Registration for all ANSW Postal events MUST be done on: https://archerynsw.org.au/august-2020-postal-competitions/ (Registration is free; Closes Friday 28th 2pm).
Updated "ISCORED.TODAY" is now online
Along with the update, is a requirement that all archers remove the existing application from their phone and re-install the new version. Failure to do so may result in unexpected failures:
- Uninstall the current version of iScored today from all devices .. even if the update appears to have installed automatically
- Reinstall the application from the secure link at: https://iscored.today
- For iOS devices, you must use the Safari browser and add the link to the Home Screen
- For Android devices, you must use the Chrome browser and add the link to the Home Screen
REMINDER: Our Club's current Covid-safe policies
- Nobody shall attend the club's grounds if they feel ill.
- The club shall remain open for use by club members (including temporary members, under instruction) and their carers and guardians; and remain closed to other visitors.
- No more than two people shall be permitted on the shooting line for a target on Range A at any one time, and one person on Range B and the Field Range, unless from the same household.
- No more than six people shall be permitted inside the clubhouse at any one time.
- The club house and toilet blocks shall be disinfected weekly.
- A hand sanitiser dispenser shall be procured and installed outside the club house.
- The sign-in book shall be temporarily retired and all registrations of archers on club property shall be via the club’s online sign-in facility.
- Club members shall be encouraged to carry and use hand sanitiser, and discouraged from handling each others’ equipment.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed on the sign-in desk.
As things change constantly, see the notices around the grounds, and on the chalkboard. Let’s keep ourselves & each other SAFE !
If you use ISCORED.TODAY for scoring, please remember to delete and reload the software, as above: and for further information see Archery Australia News - https://archeryaustralia.app.box.com/s/sc5q9aum70ordkewkxbrldg9juxjsey0.